When choosing the right Add-On package for your business there are a number of points to consider;
1. Determine your current business systems and processes
- What area in your business do you need to streamline
2. What are your short term / long term business goals?
- Determine if what you require is long-term and feasible to implement or whether a short-term solution may be required in the interim
3. Research the required add on’s and software packages
- Can these packages service more than one area in your business?
- Does this addon specialise in one area only?
4. Consider the ongoing costs of the package and the need for staff training
- How many staff are required to use the package
- Do you need to pay for one or multiple subscriptions
5. Choose 3 x add-ons to trial before you commit to a package
- Most add-ons and software packages have free trial periods
- Read reviews and watch YouTube videos on the product
6. Consider the software integration and set up time and costs
- Can the software be immediately integrated
- Do you need to export and import data
- Will you require a specialist to implement the software for you
7. If in doubt, consult with a specialist, speak to someone who is currently using the software or call your bookkeeper to discuss your needs.